How do I use BlackVue Over the Cloud?Updated 2 months ago
Steps to register a hotspot/router to let your Cloud-compatible BlackVue connect to the Cloud:
- Power your BlackVue dashcam.
- Power the Wi-Fi hotspot/router you will pair with your BlackVue.
- Connect to your BlackVue in Wi-Fi from your phone's Wi-Fi settings menu.
- Open the latest version of the BlackVue App.
- Go to BLACKVUE WI-FI > Camera settings (Gear icon) > Firmware settings > Cloud settings > Cloud service hotspot settings > Select your Wi-Fi hotspot/router which should appear in the list and fill in the password. Alternatively, you can enter manually the router’s SSID (network name) and password. You can register up to 3 Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Go back until prompted to save and choose save to apply the changes to your dashcam.
With the BlackVue Viewer:
- Take out the microSD card from your BlackVue dashcam and insert it in your computer (you might need a SD card adapter or microSD USB reader).
- Open the BlackVue Viewer.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the Firmware tab.
- Click on Cloud.
- Enter your hotspot/router’s SSID (network name) and password (you can register up to 3 hotspots).
- Click “Save and Close”
Here's a video tutorial by Blackvue:
Thanks for stopping by!
We love hearing from our customers, and we'd love to get your feedback to further improve your experience with us. Let us know how we're doing, or contact our support team ([email protected]) if you need further assistance from us.
Was this article helpful?