My battery pack is giving me issues! What should I do?Updated 2 months ago
If your dash cam battery pack is giving you issues, then let's help you troubleshoot! Please refer to the following troubleshooting steps below:
Not Turning On
- If your battery pack is hardwired: Please ensure that the ground wire is still securely fastened to a ground bolt and that you have the input switch set to HIGH. The ground bolt may come loose over time due to vehicle vibration. If your battery is not hardwired, please skip to step 3.
- Try powering the B-124 on by using the vehicle's 12V cigarette socket (ensure you have the input switch set to LOW) rather than through the fusebox. If the B-124 works this way, that means the hardwire kit has gone bad.
- If your battery pack is not hardwired and you're using the vehicle's 12V cigarette socket, ensure you have the input switch set to LOW.
Not Getting Enough Power
- If your battery is hardwired: Please ensure you have the input switch set to HIGH. Is the fuse that you're hardwired to rated between 10A-30A?
- If your battery is not hardwired: Please ensure you have the input switch set to LOW
- Try charging the battery on a continuous drive for at least 30 minutes, after which time you should be provided with at least 10 hours of recording duration for a regular 1CH or 2CH dash cam. Sometimes it may be because you're not driving enough to charge the battery pack, so it takes time for enough voltage to accrue before you get the power you've come to expect from it.
Smartphone App Not Accurate
- Please note that we've noticed the B-124's smartphone app may have some readout inaccuracies, especially when there is hot or cold weather. However, if the battery pack is providing the correct amount of power, then the battery would be functioning without issue. For example, charging the battery for at least 30 minutes should provide at least 10 hours of recording time for any dash cams.
If these steps still don't manage to solve your battery pack issues, then please reach out to our support team.
Thanks for stopping by!
We love hearing from our customers, and we'd love to get your feedback to further improve your experience with us. Let us know how we're doing, or contact our support team ([email protected]) if you need further assistance from us.
Was this article helpful?