How do I best protect my vehicle and battery during winter time?Updated 8 months ago
- These notes are only applicable for users who have their dash cam hardwired and have parking mode turned on.
- Thinkware dash cams have a built-in voltage meter. It is designed for the dash cam to automatically power off in the event voltage level is lower than configured value for more than 5 mins in order to prevent car battery drainage. Winter battery protection sets the dash cam to turn off at 0.2V higher than your setting.
- Ensure parking mode is on either Motion detection, time-lapse, or energy saving.
- Click on 'Enabled' to turn on the battery protection feature.
- Select the appropriate battery voltage setting.
- Select the months where you may experience cold weather. On these selected months, the dash cam will automatically turn off at 0.2V higher than the usual battery voltage.
- Once you are done, click on Save to finalize your settings.
Thanks for stopping by!We love hearing from our customers, and we'd love to get your feedback to further improve your experience with us. Let us know how we're doing, or contact our support team ([email protected]) if you need further assistance from us.
Was this article helpful?