How do I change / reset my BlackVue dash cam's Wi-Fi SSID/password?Updated 2 months ago
The password is printed on the label , which can be checked by removing the dash cam from its mount.
Reset the dash cam's Wi-Fi SSID / password to default using Wi-Fi button on the dash cam (DR900S, DR750S and DR590W only):
- Turn on the dash cam until it fully boots up and says "Starting Normal Recording"
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button until the beep.
- After the voice prompt, press the button once to reset the Wi-Fi credentials to default.
Change the dash cam's Wi-Fi SSID / password using BlackVue PC Viewer (Windows or Mac):
- Turn off the dash cam and remove the microSD card from it.
- Insert the card into the microSD card reader and connect it to a computer.
- Run the BlackVue Viewer program.
- In BlackVue Viewer go to Settings (Windows) / Windows Viewer-> Preferences (Mac) to access the settings panel.
- Click the Wi-Fi tab and under Login credentials change the password.
The dash cam's Wi-Fi password is case sensitive which means that upper case " A " and lower case " a " are considered different letters.* If you click on "Reset" , the password will be changed to default password: blackvue (For DR650S/GW) and unique password for DR750S and DR590 series.
- Click Save & Close.
Change the dash cam's Wi-Fi SSID / password over the Cloud:
*Please make sure that dash cam and the smartphone are connected to the internet (Wi-Fi hotspot)
- Login to the BlackVue app.
- Select BLACKVUE CLOUD.
- Go to Camera settings > Firmware settings > Wi-Fi settings > Login credentials.
You can change the camera’s SSID and Wi-Fi login password.
- Go back to the Firmware settings menu, tap < and tap Save and Close.
Thanks for stopping by!
We love hearing from our customers, and we'd love to get your feedback to further improve your experience with us. Let us know how we're doing, or contact our support team ([email protected]) if you need further assistance from us.
Was this article helpful?