How do I upgrade my VIOFO firmware?Updated 2 months ago
Upgrading your VIOFO firmware is as easy as dragging the firmware file directly onto your SD card from your computer. The steps are as provided by the VIOFO website as follows:
Please do the following to upgrade the dashcam:
- Use a memory card (recommend 16GB-128GB memory card) formatted by camera or on the computer as FAT32.
- Insert the card in the camera and connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the Firmware File (.BIN) on the root of the card.
- After Firmware File (.BIN) is copied to the card disconnect the camera from the computer.
- Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait a few seconds until the camera restart. The front red LED will be blinking while upgrading.
The firmware will be automatically deleted from the MicroSD card after the upgrade completed.
For a longer guide:
VIOFO has also written a longer step-by-step guide right here: https://www.viofo.com/en/blog/viofo-firmware-update-guide-step-by-step-b34.html
For our video:
Thanks for stopping by!
We love hearing from our customers, and we'd love to get your feedback to further improve your experience with us. Let us know how we're doing, or contact our support team ([email protected]) if you need further assistance from us.
Was this article helpful?