I'm having some Red Light Camera Issues on my Thinkware dash cam. What should I do?Updated 2 months ago
If you are experiencing an issue with the Red Light/Speed Camera's not announcing while driving, first please re-download the latest version of the Speed Cam Data to the dash cam itself.
Speed Cam Update Instructions:
- Download the latest speed/ red-light camera data , by selecting your dash cam model and the file for your corresponding geographic region. Then, unzip the downloaded speed cam data file.
The file name should resemble (smartguidepoint.dx2)
- Plug your memory card into your computer.
- Copy the speed cam data file into the ‘driveinfo’ folder. If the ‘driveinfo’ folder doesn’t exist in the root directory of your MicroSD card, please create one.
The file patch should resemble [SD_ROOT]:/driveinfo/smartguidepoint.dx2
- Insert the MicroSD card into the dash cam unit.
- The device will start recording and operate with the latest speed cam data
- If your country of residence is outside of Canada or the United States, please head to www.thinkware.com/support/download
- If you wish to disable the alerts altogether, please skip the steps above and delete the ‘driveinfo’ folder.
PLEASE NOTE: You do not need to update the speed cam data separately if you have already recently updated the firmware – the firmware upgrade process will update both for you!
If the alerts are still not appearing, please contact us at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can contact Thinkware directly at [email protected].
Thanks for stopping by!
We love hearing from our customers, and we'd love to get your feedback to further improve your experience with us. Let us know how we're doing, or contact our support team ([email protected]) if you need further assistance from us.
Was this article helpful?