What is Thinkware Cloud and how does it work?Updated 2 months ago
If you are a new Thinkware dash cam owner, one of the first steps is registering your dash cam. The only dash cams that require an account to be made, and to be registered are the F800 Pro, Q800PRO, QA100 Elite and the U1000.
All other dash cams do not require an account, or registration. Ensure to keep your proof of purchase for Warranty purposes.
To register your Dash Cam, first create an account in the Thinkware Cloud Application. Once you have created an account, verify by clicking the link in the Confirmation Email.
Once you have confirmed your account, connect the dash cam to a smartphone's Hotspot. For registration you are not able to use a Vehicle/Dedicated Hotspot to register.
For more information, please check out our dedicated Thinkware Cloud features page.
Connecting via Hotspot (iOS)
- Open the Thinkware Cloud App and Tap the “Not Connected” Bar
- Select Add a New Connection > (Dash Cam Model) > Hotspot > First Time Connecting- Yes
- Press the Dash Cam’s Wi-Fi Button
- Connect to the Thinkware Wi-Fi Network then reopen the Thinkware Cloud App
- Press Next, and input your phone’s Hotspot SSID (username) and password
- Reopen the Thinkware Cloud App and press Next
- Turn on your phone’s Hotspot in Settings and Do not leave this settings screen
- Once the Blue Bar appears at the top of the screen saying 1 Connection, open the Thinkware Cloud App.
- You are now Connected via Hotspot